Apart from your job responsibilities, the infrastructure of the office, colleagues, managers and so on, one of the basic thing that infuses your creativity and motivates you is your workplace. Yes, that small cubicle or the cabin you work at.
There are a number of people who agree that workplace largely affects the quality of your work. It generates positive or negative vibes that contribute to the overall productivity of the organization.
So, how can one make the workplace a happy space?
- Inspiring words – Putting up colorful inspirational pictures and posters around the wall seems to be inspiring. You can either use a spare wall to add posters on it or make one for each cubicle. Every day while switching on their systems they must feel the spikes of encouragement.
- Lighting it Bright – Light infuses positivity. Make sure that your office is well it. You can even use fancy lightings to make it look even more appealing.
- Promote Organized – Keeping things organized is good. Make sure that the desks, walls, shelves and washrooms are clean. If possible handover a schedule to the employees as well. So, that their work would remain organized. Keeping a pen stand, a notepad at every desk is also a good sign of organization.
- Sweet Spot – Maintain a sweet spot at your office. Here, you should keep flexible chairs, flowers or anything that gives a relaxed feel. Allow your employees to spend 15-20 minutes a day there. They can choose to read, write, sing or just stare the wall in that sweet spot.
- Social Life – All work and no play can bring in boredom and stress. In order to keep the workplace, a happy space one can promote getting social. Arranging interdepartmental contests or something on the similar line can promote harmony.
- Appreciation – You should keep appreciating your employees. Several words of appreciation can go a long way with respect to the contentment and performance of the employee.
- Discussion Sessions – A lot of offices miss out upon this healthy practice. Holding discussion sessions weekly or monthly and fueling your teammates with words of motivation is a must. These discussion sessions should be dedicated to chalking out plans and analyzing the work done so far.
- Flexibility – Keeping the schedule flexible shall promote satisfaction amongst the employees. While work pressure is understandable yet if you can keep it flexible hen nothing like it. Employees who get time to spend with family and friends and have a balanced work life are happier than the ones who are not.
- Avoid Cubicles – While high walls of cubicles make the employees extremely isolated, discarding them completely can promote harmony. A lot of organizations are coming up with the concept of a single table instead of cubicles. This encourages interactions.
Inducing care, peace and harmony with a pinch of appreciation, guidance and motivation can surely generate good vibes in the office. Remember, if your employees are gleeful and enthusiastic towards their job it shall positively reflect in your business too.