Medicinal Flowers: Flowers are often known for their colour, aroma and beauty. But there are a few flowers which also carry medicinal value to them, and this makes these flowers even more precious for humans. A list of 5 such amazing flowers is given below.
- Lavender: These flowers are easily grown and have a great fragrance. It reduces anxiety and releases physical and emotional tension. It is used as a stressbuster.
- Calendula: They are also called Marigold flowers. These flowers are used for making herbal oil, salves and creams. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It is used in the preparation of many cosmetic and skin care products used to treat problems such as acne and eczema. It is also used for varicose and gum diseases. In addition, it is often used in natural vagina lubricants for vagina dryness and for recurrent candida yeast infections.
- Lotus: Just flour is used to reduce high temperature, diarrhea and bronchitis. The Lotus seeds can potentially strengthen the kidney, spleen and heart. Lotus leaves help to improve the function of the stomach. Lotus roots help reduce blood pressure and blood sugar with fibre and complex carbohydrates.
- Chamomile: This flower is often used to prepare tea which has many health benefits. The tea cures common cold and runny nose provides glowing skin, and treats a sore throat. In addition, it is also used to treat menstrual disorders, hemorrhoids, wounds, gastrointestinal disorders, ulcers, rheumatic pain and insomnia.
- Carnation: It is a beautiful flower also used in bouquets. Its petals are also used to make tea, which is a medicine to reduce stress, anxiety, fatigue and agitation. It calms and cools the mind and the nerves. It can also be consumed as a tonic for fever. It also treats excessive gas, hair loss and sore muscles.
Nature has created so many wonders on earth. These flowers are of you among those wonders. Apart from adding beauty to nature, it also provides you with health, which is incredible. You can grow a few types of flowers in your kitchen garden too. Besides adding beauty and fragrance, they will also help in improving your health. Nature has blessed us with many wonderful presents, and these flowers are also among those gifts. Besides these flowers, which are mentioned above, there are many other flowers which carry medicinal benefits, such as begonia, passionflower, California poppy, gardenia, jasmine, chrysanthemums, echinacea, sage, etc.