Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations, not just for its high rise buildings and structures but also for the several distinguished entertainment venues. A single trip to Dubai is not enough to enjoy the place thoroughly until you plan to stay here for a long weekend. There is so much to see and do in Dubai that you will have to plan your itinerary well to cover all the places and events.
Here are 20 places to visit in Dubai
- Global Village: Global Village Dubai is one of the leading places that showcase the cultural attractions not just of Dubai but of 30 different countries. The place is also a leading entertainment center for the entire family providing a unique experience of shopping from 30 pavilions of 30 different countries. Children can enjoy the thrill rides at the Fantasy Island while adults can enjoy shopping or dining at the different pavilions.
- Dubai Miracle Garden: Whether you are a nature lover or not, you will be left agape once you set your foot in the Miracle Garden in Dubailand. It is the largest flower garden in the world with millions of different variety of flowers and plants.
- Dubai Aquarium: Located in the sprawling Dubai Mall, the underwater aquatic zoo is the largest in the world. More than 140 marine species can be seen here. You can not only see these creatures but even take adventurous activities like shark diving and cage snorkeling to be up close to these creatures. You can even take a boat tour in a boat that has a glass bottom.
- Bur Dubai Grand Mosque: The Grand Mosque is one of the most popular of the shrines in Dubai. Though people from different nationalities live and come to Dubai, the one place they do not shy away from visiting is the Grand Mosque. It is the biggest mosque in UAE and the worlds’ eight biggest mosque. At night the beauty of the mosque is to be seen when the royal blue light makes it glow.
- Burj Al Arab: It might not be easy for everyone to spend a night at the Burj Al Arab, one of the most lavish and luxurious hotels of Dubai. However, you can visit the hotel during the daytime and enjoy a cup of afternoon tea. The Skyview Bar at the 27th floor of the hotel is the perfect place to catch a glimpse of the city while enjoying coffee, tea and some quick bites.
- Alserkal Art District: The place is perfect for art lovers and artists as it has several art galleries including the Green Art Gallery, the Ayyam Gallery and the Third Line. You can also find a mixture of fashion boutiques and restaurants here.
- Deira Souk: Your visit to Dubai is incomplete if you have not been to the Deira Souk, which is the worlds’ largest gold market. The gold Souk is near the Dubai Creek and has the traces of the old market style.
- Skydive Indoors: The Mirdif City Centre has the iFly Dubai, an indoors skydiving arena. The indoor adventure space has a ten-meter acrylic glass tunnel which also has the wind tunnel. You not only have a thoroughly good time here but also skydive from a height of 3657.6 meters.
- Arabian Desert: Visiting the real desert when in Dubai is a must. You can experience the camel safari, go up and down the dunes in a 4×4, watch belly dancing and enjoy a hearty meal here.
- Wild Wadi Amusement Park: The amusement park is not only the best tourist spot but also the most entertaining venues for kids and adults alike. You can enjoy any of the 30 rides or float at the Lazy River or take any of the slides to have an extravagant time.
- Bastakiya: To view the old and historic side of Dubai, you will have to visit the Bastakiya. Located near the Dubai Creek and the Al Fahidi Fort, the spot is perfect for taking a heritage walk tour. You can witness the real Arabian culture here.
- Dubai Dolphinarium: Dubai Dolphinarium is an indoor facility that provides the perfect conditions for seals and dolphins. You can see the dolphins performing at the arena entertaining the guests with their wonderful acts.
- Burj Khalifa: One of the tallest structures in Dubai, the Burj Khalifa is built in the shape of a sail of a ship. The unique design, extravagant height and the amazing features of the place, make it a must-visit spot.
- Motiongate Dubai: A Hollywood based theme park, the place has attractive games like the Kung Fu Panda, Hunger Games and more. You can enjoy the tour of the park with the Smurfs or experience the thrill of zombie apocalypse.
- Dubai Opera: The Dubai Opera is not one of the entertainment venues to be missed. You can enjoy the various shows like concerts, ballet, comedy nights, classical instrument plays and opera shows. The rooftop eatery at the venue serves multiple cuisines.
- Jumeirah Beach: The place is popular for its excellent facilities that include water sports, sun loungers, variety of restaurants and spas. You can either walk the sandy shores of the beach or enjoy the winter sun.
- Yas Marina Circuit: For those that love formula 1 racing, this is the place to be. Here you can not only see the best cars including Jaguar F-Type S Coupe, Aston Martin GT4, Formula One-Style Formula Yas 3000 and Ferrari 458 GT but can even enjoy driving them or sitting in them as a passenger.
- Dragone’s La Perle: The venue has arrangements for nearly 1,300 people. The show conducted here has more than 65 artists performing, doing aerial and aquatic stunts amidst a spectacular backdrop. Here you are introduced to an amazing blend of creative imagination and technology.
- Atlantis the Palm: One of the most luxurious hotels, the Atlantis is a place to visit not just for the extravagant hotel stay that it provides to its guests but also for the underwater yoga that it provides. The yoga session is performed with more than 65,000 marine creatures around in the Lost Chambers Aquarium.
20. Dubai Malls: If you want to enjoy shopping in Dubai, there is no dearth of malls. Here you can visit the most popular Dubai Mall, the Dubai Outlet Mall, the Mall of the Emirates, the Mercato Mall in Jumeirah and many others.